FW Service crashing

  • From: "Talley, Scott" <stalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserverlist (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:34:08 -0500

Hi Guys, I really need some help.  I'm having serious issues with my
Firewall Service crashing and restarting about every 30 minutes.  Below is
the error generated, I have 2 other applications running on the ISA box,
Rainconnect and CA eTrust AntiVirus Gateway, however I haven't made any
changes to either in months.  The AV Gateway does have an SMTP Application
Filter, but I can't see any reason it would suddenly start to misbehave.
Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

The Firewall service stopped because an application filter module
C:\WINNT\system32\ntdll.dll generated an exception code C0000005 in address
77FCC8E1 when function CompleteAsyncIO was called. To resolve this error,
remove recently installed application filters and restart the service.

Thank you,

Scott Talley
IT Manager, The Combined Group
e> stalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx