RE: FW: RE: Is TCP 135 clamped down?

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:16:27 +0200

yes: good idea ;)  I have to correct myself though: these setting expose
netbios services (137, 138, 139), NOT 135. Sorry for the confusion here.
I'm not aware that there are infection mechanisms making use of netbios.

You should also disable netbios in the tcp/ip settings. Read the article
I posted the link of. Have there been error messages in the eventlog
stating that the firewall service was unable to bind to certain ports?

Regarding the turning off of firewall clients, as I already said: this
has nothing to do with the protection of your network. Having said that
I wonder how the virus got in. Let me sleep over it ;)

Mark