Re: FW: Frontpage and database access.

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:18:24 -0400

I have tried using the FrontPage extensions previously on my web projects, the
results where quite different
then I had expected.

It seems that when FrontPage uploads to the IIS using FP extensions, well what
I found was it would strip out the ASP content and what I'd be left with was
just the HTML. Needless to say, I didn't find that very funny.
I have abandoned using FP to upload to my web server, nor do I use it's
database functionality.

Hopefully this will help, perhaps there is a MS Q article on it, but I could
not find it.
I did try to report it, but they wanted me to pay for tech support on their bug.

If you get anywhere with it let us (me) know what you where able to figure out.

regards,

Mark