FW: Client Types & Access

  • From: "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver.org Discussion List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:34:42 -0700

OK, maybe I've been going about this the wrong way.

I've been testing connectivity to my internal server through the
external interface AT the internal server, i.e. from the IIS server
computer (SecureNAT client) trying to telnet to the opened ports on the
external interface.

I just tried it from another computer on the network that is a firewall
client.  It works!  But another computer (not the server) that is a
SecureNAT client still cannot access the external interface.

So, the questions now is: why can I access via the firewall client, but
not as a SecureNAT client?

Daniel