[isalist] FTP problem - ISA 2004

  • From: "Stuart Tonge" <stuart.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:20:25 +0100

Hi all.
I'm having an FTP related problem with my ISA 2004 server.
I can connect through the proxy to some sites, for example ftp.microsoft.com;
ftp.mozilla.org
But i cannot connect to others.

I get:
*       Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The login request was denied. The logon
account might have been disabled or logon information might have changed. Log
on again to verify that the information was typed correctly. If the problem
continues, report the problem to the administrator of the Internet server you
are requesting. (12015)

IE did not give me the option to log in to the site I need to get to.

FTP solftware produces similar error messages.
If i try to go to the ftp site from the ISA server, it works fine - just not
with clients.

I read
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2000/maintain/isaftpci.mspx
and tried the things suggested but still no success.

I have a client with a connected firewall client, and the gateway pointed at
the ISA server, but that doesnt work either.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Stuart Tonge