FTP problem

  • From: "Goldman, Jason" <jgoldman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:57:09 -0400

I have a brand new ISA server installed behind my heavyweight firewall. I
also have some web filtering software installed on this ISA server. This
software needs to ftp to the vendor regularly to update its control files.
What is happening is that the ftp (even from a command line) returns a "host
not reachable". I have added a persistent route on the ISA server of the
firewall NIC facing the ISA server.

I did a capture on the interface facing the firewall and when I try to ftp
out, I see the DNS query go out and come back from the firewall but I never
see an attempt to ftp out. This same setup works fine on my NT 4.0 Proxy 2.0
server. Any ideas?

Jason Goldman
Network Administrator
Fuji Photo Film, Inc.