Re: FTP not getting read only optin on ISA 2004

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:51:10 -0800

Just to note-- you also have to clear "Read only" for any access-list that allows FTP from the *client*. Even if the Server Pub rule has this cleared, if you have an access-rule specifying it, they can't upload.

Interesting point here-- it seems that regardless of what rules you have, you can't upload from the ISA box itself. I've been testing this since we were talking about it- I can write to the dir from the FTP server itself, and from clients behind the ISA box to the FTP server, but not from the ISA server itself. I can connect, but when I try to write, it says "Access Denied."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>