Re: FTP With Destination Sets

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:41:45 -0700

Unfortunately, your desires are at cross purposes.
1. Destination sets only operate in the Web Proxy service
2. The Web proxy service only supports FTP download

Also, the only way to limit outbound FW or SecureNAT client traffic *_to_* a
destination is to use packet filters.
I agree that having DS apply to protocol rules (where the FW service operates)
would be a kewl addition, but that's just not part of ISA at the moment...
You might want to check out some of the third-party offerings (wish I had time
to play with them all) listed at www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/