FTP Permission Denied

  • From: "Francois Conradie" <francois@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:44:06 -0600

Hi,

I know everyone must be getting tired f this one but I just cannot seem to
get it right. This is a very straight forward setup. Stand-alone ISA
server(Integrated Mode), connected to router and 1 PC behind the Firewall.
There is a protocol rule allowing all IP traffic. The FTP application
filter is enabled and there's only the default protocol definitions for
FTP as with a clean ISA installation. I can view web pages on the firewall
itself and the 1 client no problem but ohh the FTP.

Here's the problem:
We have a FTP server at our ISP that's NOT behind a firewall, but the
server itself still require you to login, every user has its own username
and password with different permission on the FTP folders. It does not
allow anonymous logins. Now if I type the FTP address it won't bring up
the dialog box to enter your credentials instead it shows the
following.(Enable folder view for FTP sites = Enabled)
*******
HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The login request was denied. The logon account
might have been disabled or logon information might have changed. Log on
again to verify that the information was typed correctly. If the problem
continues, report the problem to the administrator of the Internet server
you are requesting. (12015)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
*******
BUT if I type the username with password in the address bar it goes into
the site but lists the contents Linux style and still gives the message,
"The proxy server is not setup to allow full access.((Enable folder view
for FTP sites = Disabled). And also I'm unable to rename delete or add new
folders.

Furthermore any FTP client software is also unable to access the site.

Please help what am I doing wrong.

What tickles me....there's communication with the FTP protocol?

Francois