RE: FTP Non-Standard Ports

  • From: Logan Ramirez <LoganRamirez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:51:46 -0600

So, does anyone know why this does not work with ISA?  Allowing an internal
client to FTP to a non-standard port to an IIS FTP server located in the
Windows 2000 AD DMZ sone in a back to back configuration?

Also, I did some more packet sniffing, and it seems when you uncheck the box
'Enable folder view for FTP sites' and uncheck the 'Use Passive mode...',
that IE (6.0) uses the HTTP protocol to transfer data.  Weird...

Enabling both boxes gives an error time out, but the packets are seen on
ISA, just not allowed.

Logan