FTP Listing problem

  • From: "Johann Putter" <JohannP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:57:53 +0200

Hi

I am experiencing problems with my internally published FTP server. For
some unfathomed reason the FTP site does not want to list any folder or
file. Accessing via a browser causes the browser to hang while getting
the contents of the folder. Using utilities like WS_FTP gives the
following:

WINSOCK.DLL: WinSock 2.0

WS_FTP32 95.08.19, Copyright (c) 1994-1995 John A. Junod. All rights
reserved.

- -

connecting to xxxxxxxxxxxx ...

Connected to xxxxxxxxxxxx port 21

220 africonweb Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).

USER xxxxxx

331 Password required for xxxxxxx.

PASS xxxxxx

230-Welcome To the Africon FTP SITE (Please Note: Authorized Use Only)

230 User xxxxxx logged in.

PWD

257 "/" is current directory.

SYST

215 Windows_NT version 5.0

Host type (2): Microsoft NT

PORT 66,8,46,251,13,46

200 PORT command successful.

LIST

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

Timer cancelled blocking call

accept: Blocking call cancelled

DoDirList returned 0

No listing is then visible. Anybody got any ideas on how to troubleshoot
this?

Johann Putter

IS Manager

AFRICON Engineering International (Pty) Ltd

1040 Burnett Street

Hatfield

Tel: (012) 427-2258

Fax:(012) 427-2951