FTP File Transfer

  • From: "KEVIN LOVEGROVE" <kevin_lovegrove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:37:26 +0300

It does add complications though :)

>From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:38:16 -0400
>Why not just install it on your Checkpoint Server??

Because I don't have a Checkpoint Server. I have a Nokia appliance.
Plus, that IS our perimeter defence, so I don't want users even *trying*
to log into it.

The reason for putting it on ISA is (a) I can use User Isolation to
control it, and (b) Microsoft seem to think it's OK.

However, if Thomas thinks it isn't, I think I'll trust his judgement.
I'll run it on my GFI Mail Essentials machine instead; that doesn't do a
lot, and I'm definitely not getting value for money out of those two
lazy, underworked Pentiums <heh>

Cheers,
Kev