FTP Connection

  • From: <AHendriks@xxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:11:39 +0200

I'm trying to set up a FTP connection from my client workstation to a
ftp site, i have tried a lot of clients, but can't get anyone working
right now.

With IE i'm able to connect to a site which is anonymous, but when i try
a site with credentials required, i got the error message that the host
is unavailable, have tried the site ftp://updates.oracle.com but the
same error apears.

With Reflection i found that Reflection doesn't support HTTP proxy
connections, only socks is supported, don't know if ISA support it.

With FlashFXP i'm able to turn in to HTTP proxy mode, but then i got the
message that the ssl port is not allowed.

Which ftp client is the easyst one in use, and which configuration
settings do i need to make to allow the ftp sessions.

Arjan