FORCE PROXY IN WEB BROWSERS OR NOT?

  • From: Glen Howard <ghoward@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:33:04 -0400

I'm preparing to deploy ISA in a 25 workstation environment... I will be
using it, among other things, as proxy server. Is it adviseable to have an
Active Directory Security Group Policy 'forcing' all clients to SEEK that
ISA server as the proxy for internet access, OR, is it best to individually
assign proxy settings in EACH web browser at the client level.  They've got
to be TOLD to go through ISA, I just want to know who should TELL them....

Obviously, administration is a lot easier in with a Security Policy.. Are
there any other issues which need to be considered with this approach.???

Thanks.

Glen Howard II, MCP
Systems Administrator
Barnes & Noble.com- Inprint Division
Tel: 901-566-5412
ghoward@xxxxxxxx <mailto:ghoward@xxxxxxxx>
"If it ain't broke, BREAK IT.. The only thing that is constant is CHANGE"