RE: FIREBOX Placement

  • From: "David Haam" <DavidH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:32:11 -0700

I've done a couple of these configs and have had very good luck with the FB on
the outside.

Couple of notes: ISA needs to allow the WG admin ports (TCP/4103 and 4105) to
the WG. I would recommend strongly to use real addresses on the WG int and ext.
There are a couple of other notes of interest in the combination, but ISA tends
to be more "internal network friendly" than the FB (also, you have to pay for
the VPN client licenses, if that's something of interest to you).

David