External destinations with ISA cache-only mode.

  • From: "bla" <oblaise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:00:36 +0200

Hi Everybody,

I'm using an ISA server installed in 'cache-only mode' and encounter the
following problem:
When I use the destination 'All external destinations' in a 'Site and Content
rule' with access control enabled, the URLs that contain external IP addresses
aren't considered as external by the ISA server. The rule defined this way
doesn't works with these IP address.

For example, I have a rule that allow authenticated user of my domain to go to
external sites. I use a workstation in the domain and I'm log on with a user
that has access to external sites. If I use the URL 'http://www.microsoft.com/'
form my IE, it works (transparent integrated authentication). If I use the URL
'http://<IP address of the microsoft site>/' I get an authentication prompt and
it doesn't work.

Anybody already encounter this ?

Best regards,