RE: External Network Logic

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:27:06 -0600

OK. Keep in mind that if you create Web Publishing Rules to publish
resources in your network service perimeter segment, the default is
replace the client IP address with the ISA firewall's address. But you
can control this behavior if you want. However, in your scenario, you'll
proably want to have the ISA firewall's addreses as source for both your
Web Publishing Rules and Server Publishing Rules, since those servers
don't need Internet access, they won't need a gateway address. That is,
unless you want them directly contact remote networks on your private
net.

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/