RE: External Interface & Multiple IPs

  • From: "Paul Lemonidis \(Hotmail\)" <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:46:40 +0100

Hi All

I am not certain but I think you can do the following. You assign 2 IP
addresses to the (one and only) external NIC. Then you can assign 2 IP
addresses to any internal device you wish to publish. You then publish one
internal to one external and the other to the other external. I don't
believe ISA will allow you to publish the same internal IP address to
multiple external addresses? You would need to add both gateways for the
external NIC. I don't believe that will be a problem as the routing
capabilities of the system are clever enough to route the correct traffic to
the correct gateway. If not you would need to manually adjust the W2K
routing table.

If I am mistaken. Many apologies. If anyone knows better then please feel
free to correct\enlighten us.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.