Re: External IP address for Exchange?

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:17:32 -0400

On Apr 6, 2005 4:19 PM, Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Hi Danny,
>
> What I was trying to say was that all solutions include some
> compromises. I can get an ace router/packet filter that has all the
> features of a router and let all the SSL tunneled exploits into my
> OWA/OMA/ActiveSync/RPCoverHTTP Web sites,  or I can block the SSL
> tunnled attacks and not have all the features of the router.

Can you state anything other than the obvious?

I asked a simple question to those seasoned ISA users based on Jim
Harrison's statement: "ISA doesn't provide a method to define the
source IP for outbound traffic."

And my question was "Is there anyway around this without involving
third-party products?"

And here we are, you and Jim Harrison are getting all defensive about
ISA as if it was your own baby.  Step away from your computer and go
for a walk, guys.

...D