External IP address for Exchange?

  • From: "Greg M." <gmcmonagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:29:57 -0600

I have 2 firewalls on my network.  The outside is a 3Com and my inside is
the ISA 2004 server.  I am using a one-to-one NAT on the outside which
points to several different IP addresses on the external card of the ISA
server.  Everything is working fine except that my outgoing SMTP follows
the internet access rule and my header info for e-mails has my public
address for the outside firewall instead of my public address for my
Exchange server.  I have tried to correct the problem by changing the rule
for outbound SMTP mail but my Internet Access rule takes precedence over
this rule.  Any ideas on how to correct this problem?