RE: Exchnage server publising by ISA causing some email s been rejected.

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:03:13 -0400

The best way to diagnose email issues is to start for the beginning and go
back to the basics. Verify that your MX server for your name space can be
resolved, do this by atttaching your NSLOOKUP utility to some down stream
DNS server and set your type to MX and verify that your mail server can be
resolved correctly, make sure that your reverse lookup also works, some
mailers wont send messages unless a forward and reverse lookup resolve
succesfully. Manually testing using Telnet using port 25 is also a good
check to see if you can open a session and send data. Make sure that your
mailer is NOT open for relaying, A lot of companies use an internet DB to
check if your mailer is black listed for allowing relaying, so make sure
this is tightened up.