Re: Exchange on a separate server

  • From: "Wendell W. Pinegar" <Wendell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:10:47 -0600

Bob,

If you want to do this then you would not install Exchange 2000 on the SBS
2000 server when SBS 2000 is installed and you would simply run both
forestprep and domainprep on the SBS 2000 box (it wouldn't matter when you
join the other server to the domain) .  It would seem to me however that the
most effective solution is to put ISA Server on a separate box not Exchange
Server.  We have done this many times and have found it to be very effective
and robust solution.  You have to purchase Windows 2000, ISA Server 2000,
and Windows 2000 CALs but it is a more effective solution then moving
Exchange 2000, at least in my exiperence...