RE: Exchange behind isa

  • From: "Alain" <isaserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:53:41 +0200

Hello Marco,

Take a look at the following page, which will probably answer your
question:

http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/tutorials/publishing_a_mail_Server_with
_isa_server.htm

But I already cut out the lines which are answering your question:

To allow the internal mail server to send queries to DNS servers on the
Internet, you must create Protocol Rule that allows the mail server
access to the DNS query Protocol Definition, which is Outbound UDP 53.
However, if you have an Exchange 2000 mail server (which uses the IIS
SMTP service), you must also allow access to Outbound TCP 53. The
Internet Information Server 5.0 SMTP service uses TCP rather than UDP to
send DNS queries.

Regards,
Alain