Re: Exchange behind ISA (Mail recieved but net send)

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 06:33:18 -0800

See if this helps:
http://isaserver.org/news/exchangekit.html

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:35:31 -0700
 "Ali Zubairy" <alizubairy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi:
I need help in Exchage. Independantly exchage is working fine but when i
configure it behind ISA it wont send mail outside. although i will recieve
mails properly from outside. When I try nslookup it will resolve
hotmail.com but first i have to resolve my dns as nslookup
dns.ISPEngineering.homeip.net then my mail server as nslookup
mail.ispengineering.homeip.net and then nslookup hotmail.com It resolve
hotmail but if try to resolve after resolving dns it want resolve and dns
resolution is timed out.
I configure my ISP's dns as a farwarder for my dns. and i also configure
Server publishing rules plus protocol rules plus site and content rules
for dns and mail ie open port 53 and 25(SMTP).
In exchage I configure it to use external DNS and i try both (one by one)
to farward my mail through dns or to a smart host but it wont work.
Please Kindly help me my last date of submission is 15th of this month and
I also have to complete documentation. Waiting for ur tip
Ali Zubairy