[isalist] Exchange Upgrade / ISA question

  • From: "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:04:45 -0400

Hey folks:

I am preparing to upgrade our network. Currently our one server which is
a (DC, Exchange, File, print etc) and sits behind ISA2004. Mail and OWA
are published to this one box.

I intend to introduce the new Exchange 2003 server (as Exchange2), move
all the mailboxes to Exchange2 and let the old Exchange1 server sit for
a week until everyone's Outlook hits it at least once.

Then, I intend to follow (KB307917) to remove Exchange1 - and rebuild
the entire server.

Question: Regarding the (week) I will actually have two exchange servers
up and running - what are the things I need to do with ISA2004 server
(understanding that I have to re-point it to Exchange2 at least when I
remove Exchange1).

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP

Network Blade Inc.

49 Marcy Street