RE: Exchange DMZ IP mayhem.

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:52:47 -0400

What you could use is a router that sits on the same IP segment that your
ISA's external NIC is plugged into, use the router to do IP redirects for
any published services
you offer to the Internet, have your router redirect these services,
including SMTP to your ISA's External NIC, then setup a service redirect on
your ISA to forward the
request to your internal server that serves up what ever service you offer,
including SMTP.  The router gives you the flexibility of using the Public IP
range your ISP
assigned you rather than publish all public services using your External
ISA's IP address. Services must have a public IP address if you want them
available to the
Internet, rather than always use your ISA's External IP address you can
select an IP from the range your ISP gave you and have the router redirect
this IP to your
ISA server, thought I would explain again what I was trying to say.