RE: Exchange Backup

  • From: "Alberto Boczar" <aboczar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:11:01 -0300

Hi Ben,

You need to setup MX records with different priorities for both domains
pointing to both servers so that one server is the backup for the other.
The DNS server in one of the domains must have:
MX 10 domain1 server1
MX 20 domain1 server2

On the other DNS server you must have:
MX 10 domain2 server2
MX 20 domain2 server1

Then you must configure the SMTP connector on both servers to issue the
ETRN command to retrieve messages for its own domain that might be
stored in the other server.

The ETRN configuration itself depends if you are running Exchange 5.5 or
Exchange 2000.

Regards

Alberto Boczar
att/PS Informatica S.A.