Exchange 2k and no outgoing mail

  • From: Jonathan Hjertström <jonathan.hjertstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:06:46 +0300

Hello everyone,

Now I have tried for many hours (days) with no success so any help is greatly
appriciated.

I have just setup a new machine with MS Exchange 2000 (sp2) and everything is
working fine exept outgoing mail. It refuses to send out mail. Incoming no
problem. Before we had Mdaemon as mailserver and that one still works fine if I
change the mail publishing rule back to that server.

Now I have read all articled at isaserver.org and many of the MS KB. The DNS is
working fine from the Exchange server. Also I have no problems using telnet to
connect to external SMTP servers to test the connectivity through the ISA
server. I have read that the MS SMTP uses TCP 53 and I have created IP packet
filters and protocol rules. I don't know how to test the DNS at TCP 53 though.
But using nslookup everything is ok.

I also tried sending all mails to a another win2k machine with SMTP but that
one also is queing up. I have solved it temporarly by sending all mails to the
old Mdaemon machine. Then its working fine, all mails get sent directly. Even
though this work now it's not a good solution in the long run (the Mdaemon is
now setup on my personal workstation).

Has anyone a good tips about what I should do next?

I am lost:-(

Many thanks!

Jonathan Hjertström
K2-Informatics (U) Ltd.