RE: Exchange 2000

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:03:35 -0400

Regarding your Exchange question, IF .. and that is a big IF, you did
nothing more than just turn off the original Exchange server, then all you
need to do plug it back in
and crank it up, as long as you used the migration utility and have the old
server running the clients will adjust their Outlook Profiles automatically,
I discovered that
neat little feature by doing the same thing, in short, the client profile
will automatically re-home itself to the new server if the original server
is still on line, but I am assuming
you dis-joined the Exchange server from your site, if so, then I am afraid
you will have to send along instructions or visit each client and adjust the
profile yourself.

 Good Luck
    Glenn