[isalist] Re: Every time i try to configure sql logging...

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <gmulholland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:07:44 +1100

[isalist] Re: Every time i try to configure sql logging...
It seems the steps that you are using are correct. Can you be more specific
about what detail the error messages contain. Does it give you anything about
permissions for odbc connectivity. If i had to bet i would say that you had
name resolution issues which were effecting the connection to the sql box.

Thor, Jim and Tom and anyone else.. in your environments have you experienced
any great performance hit logging to sql databases. would you consider logging
to text files and rolling the file over to the database at night or is it not
worth it?

Greg