[isalist] Error during install

  • From: "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:29:34 -0400

Dr. Tom - now life makes sense. You advice has followed my actions. I
have not done what you told me not to do - as long as you know that I
know we know what we're doing.

Thanks again.

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP

Network Blade Inc.

49 Marcy Street

Somerset, NJ 08873

732-213-0600

________________________________

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of ISA
Posted At: Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:15 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: Error during install
Subject: [isalist] Error during install

OK, this is where I get confused. I thought ISA 2004 was impenetrable
when properly configured. Why should it make a difference that AD is
running on the same box?

How does SBS 2003 Ent do it? Are there different versions of ISA 2004
(one out of the retail box and one that comes with SBS 2003)?

Has MS built a vulnerable product i.e. SBS 2003 Ent? If so, that would
be a shame being that it is a quickly growing market.

Regardless of 'why' I don't have the answers to my own questions - I
usually follow Tom's advice to the T. And while following Tom's advised
(HAVE DC, NO ISA) I have purchased Sonic Walls instead; at an increasing
rate. Oh....and I make some additional cash at it too. Client pays
$600/$700 vs. $3,000 $4,000 with ISA.

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Thomas W Shinder
Posted At: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:31 AM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: Error during install

Here's something to use for the next guy who wants to install the ISA
firewall on a DC:

Error during install:
http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002023007/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002023895