RE: Error 64 - Host not available

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:56:00 +0200

Hey Mark,

That's just the thing, as far as all other normal connectivity issues
are concerned, everything pans out 100%.

-          Name Lookups are fine (63.236.18.30)

-          tracert dies at  63.146.100.43 (which I presume is their
firewall)

-          Problem occurs on ANY workstation on my network

-          Cannot contact the website as they don't respond to e-mails
:-(

-          No HTTPS

-          I don't have an external IP Network, but most everyone on the
forum has verified that the site is fine, although I understand that it
would be great to be able to test with ISA "out of the picture" to try
and identify the problem. But it doesn't make any sense at all as the
website (www.earthweb.com <http://www.earthweb.com/> ) is a "run of the
mill", standard HTTP website with no extra security or anything. So if I
can surf every other website in the world (well, I haven't tried them
all but you catch my drift), why can't I surf this one..

Cheers

William R.