[isalist] Re: Endpoint IPSEC with DHCP assinged address.

  • From: William Holmes <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:04:43 -0400

You know Tom,

I am fully apprised of the security implications. I am also aware that the
user already has an always on connection provided by a Red Creek Ravlin
Device.  The fact is that the Ravlin has long since passed its end of life
and needs to be replaced.  I wanted to do this with a solution that is
integrated into ISA rather than some other "black box" solution. That way
specific policies and monitoring could be applied to the traffic.

I guess I could just tell the Chairman to kiss off but .....

While many people may be unaware of security I am not one of those. There is
nothing "naïve" about the security setup that current exists nor would there
be in the new configuration. The network on the remote site is completely
understood. It's hardwired to the person's home office.  If there is a
physical break I'll know.

I actually was asking a technical question. Other systems out there allow
IPSEC tunnels with DHCP endpoints (including the Ravlin) I was asking ISA
could support such a configuration. A detailed technical response would have
been nice.  A rant about efficacy of the configuration is a usual unwelcome.

It's really ashamed that with the knowledge that you possess on ISA that you
had to turn this question into a personal attack.

Bill