Enabling Full Outlook Client Access Anywhere using the ISA Firewall's Secure Exchange RPC Filter

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <ara.avvali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:30:49 -0800

 Dear Tom,

Following your wonderful article posted on
http://isaserver.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=1325

1.      I have checked to see if my isp block port 135. when I type the
telnet <ip> 135 I get a response back so it should be fine
2.      ISA is behind a nat device, so I forwarded tcp 135 to external
face of ISA
3.      did what you suggested for adding registry key to exchange and
restarted IIS admin service and exchange system attendant which
restarted depending services too
4.      created the exchange rpc rule
5.      Created an outlook profile, but every time I load the outlook I
get the connection to Microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook
must be online or connected to complete this action
6.      I monitor ISA logs from my home ip address and the only thing
shows up is  ISA    -                       TCP      -
-                                               3647     63         0
228       0x80074e24                         0x0       0x0
Firewall 11/13/2005 2:16:12 PM  192.168.0.11     135       Exchange RPC
Server            Closed Connection         Inbound Exchange RPC
External            Internal  -           -                    There is
no initiated connection. Only closed.
7.      it is outlook 2003 sp2 on xp sp2 connecting to exchange sp2
behind isa 2004 sp1 both on server 2003 sp1

Thank you for help. If anyone else got a suggestion I would appreciate
it