E-Mail Server DNS Question

  • From: "Thomas E. Hall" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:57:13 -0600

Hello,

This might be a stupid question but we are having problems with our
exchange mail server.  We have the exchange server behind an ISA 2000
firewall and have Server Publishing Rules publishing the server using
xxx.xxx.xxx.141.  The firewall server is using xxx.xxx.xxx.130.  When we
send mail the remote mail server shows that the mail came from .130
instead of .141.  I don't know if I am going crazy but shouldn't the
mail be coming from .141?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thomas E. Hall, Internet Coordinator
Madison County Government
Information Systems Department
157 North Main Suite 29