DownloadSecurity and ISA 2004

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:17:09 -0700

Now that GFI has decided to discontinue DownloadSecurity, (although they say
they will continue to support it for years to come,) what alternatives are
recommended for ISA 2004 to scan all downloads and setup rules to prevent
certain types of files from being downloaded? Their new product, WebMonitor
for ISA has some features that are not desired. (Sorry, using a Yahoo
product/service in a company does not cut the mustard.)

I have reviewed both BitDefender for ISA and Kaspersky for ISA, and while
those both sound very viable, the cost is a lot more. I will not touch
McAfee with a 10 ft pole.

John T
eServices For You