Download from internal server via POP3

  • From: "William England" <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:02:20 +0100

My network is protected by ISA and has an internal Exchange 5.5 Server.
One user who works from home dialled direct to the internet needs to
download his mails from our internal Exchange Server. His Outlook
program is set to use the ISA external IP as incoming mail server. He
receives an error that the server did not respond.

I have published my mail server on isa using the wizard and should be
ok. From within the network I can telnet my exchange on port 110 and 25,
yet if I telnet my Isa port 25 from outside my network it seems to open
a connection which gives no feedback.

Can someone help? Also should my Exchange 5.5 have the Firewall client
installed?

William