[ISALIST] Domain name issue

  • From: "Ian Sterling" <i_sterling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA. org List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:41:30 -0600

Here is a problem that I am running in to.  Our company's internal
domain name is the same as our registered fqdn.  While this works great
with continuity, it has made for some problems when it comes to using
our web site.  We have a hosted site, but when trying to go to the
internet site, ISA says that the specified domain can't be found.  I'm
pretty sure this is just a simple fix, but I haven't found anywhere with
specifics about how to allow my internal clients be redirected to an
external web site that has the same name with the exception of the www.

I know this may not be clear, here's an example:

2K domain/workgroup name = our-domain.com/our-demain
web site = www.our-domain.com

we own a redirected name (without the hyphen) which we have pointed to
the original site, and that domain name (www.ourdomain.com) can be
reached without a problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,