RE: Domain Servers spread over 2 locations - HELP!

  • From: "Joe Pochedley" <joepochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:00:51 -0500

(Second opinion, FWIW)

I agree 100% with John...  It's a very bad idea to only have only one DC
in the first place...  Set up your VPN and install a second DC at the
remote site...   You'll simplify the login process for your users (no
more establishing VPN tunnels when logging in) and login processing will
proceed much faster.  You'll also CYA if your main DC fails for whatever
reason.

While you're at it, set up DNS and DHCP on the new DC as well...

Joe Pochedley
A computer terminal is not some clunky old television
with a typewriter in front of it. It is an interface
where the mind and body can connect with the universe
and move bits of it about. -Douglas Adams