Does this sound like an ISA problem?

  • From: "Jonathan Gravois" <wynnewade@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:33:05 -0500

Here's the setup: ISA running on "flagship" with a webserver, "web" and a
workstation, "digistudio" behind the firewall.

Here's the problem: Against popular suggestions, I store all web content in
the inetpub/wwwroot folder on the D:\ drive of the web server. This mirrors
the setup we use at work so I can develop properly. Anyway, I had the
default web site configured to the folder youthonestop_org in that folder on
the D:\ drive. Well, I am now learning C# and .Net and need to have access
to other websites. So, the default website's local folder is now
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\. But, from a browser, if I type in Localhost or
127.0.0.1, I get a "File Not Found" error but if I type in the URL,
http:\\www.YouthOneStop.org, I get to the default.htm page on the C:\ drive.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and if this is an ISA or ISS problem???

Thanks,
Jon