Re: Disable caching of specific sites, how ?

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:12:30 -0800

Hi Jeanne,

I asked about the LDT because that's part of what defines "local" for the IE
proxy settings.  I haven't played with MACs, but I'd hope that IE there
would operate the same way.
I'm afraid I won't be of much use to you in the SQUID area, but if the ISA
is chaining web requests to it, then ISA will be at the mercy of that cache.
What settings do you have in "Client Configuration", "Web Proxy Client"?
You can define a routing rule for "all internal destinations" that disallows
caching, too, but hopefully that porn site wasn't "internal".
There is third-part app for filtering called SurfControl, but I've seen very
mixed reviews on it.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG