RE: Dialup and server publishing (again)

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:52:54 +0200

Sorry Steve I missed your posting.

Well, it would be another piece of hardware which I do not really see
the need for. But sure, if that's the only way to get it to work... Of
course, the question remains, why can I configure ISA to use a dial-up
connection when this is not fully supported?

But talking of an additional router between the net and ISA server, that
reminds me of a question that I wanted to ask for long. Doesn't the
NATing break some functionality? And how about capacity? If there's
heavy traffic from within, wouldn't the router's buffers fill up
eventually?

Another thing, you would have to configure everything twice, first on
ISA then on the router.

Btw, I haven't got the fix yet, but changing the logics of the alert did
the trick finally. It works good as it seems, at least for the past few
days.

Mark