Dial up problem.

  • From: "Giang, Sonny" <Sonny.Giang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver. org Discussion List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:09:18 +1000

Please give me some advice on this.

I have an ISA setup at home for learning with a Dialup connection to ISP.

The problem I'm having at the moment is:

Whenever a client initiates the dialup connection on the server, the server
only gives the internal IP address of the ISP such as: 10.1.0.xxxx. which is
not correct. I can't go out to Internet from there.

I need to disconnect that connection from the ISA server, goto property of
my network connection, click on the Dialup Connection to the ISP server from
there, then the server is given the correct IP of 211.xxx.xxx.xxx....

What's the difference between you connect to ISP from the ISA server
yourself and the autoconnection by an ISA client?

Regards

Sonny Giang

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service.
If we can assist you in any way please either telephone 13 13 18 or visit our
website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential
information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or
privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been
transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must
(a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please
notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c)
please delete the original e-mail.