RE: Determine if ISA server is installed as Firewall mode only. (some findings)

  • From: "Jeremy Pullicino" <jeremyp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:43:31 +0200

For whomever is intrested, I will post what I found about this:

Using the ISA SDK I could determine in what mode the ISA is installed.

However,
if you want to use the registry, you will first have to look up this value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fpc\CurrentArrayGUID (REG_SZ)

Using that value, you have to open the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fpc\Arrays\{VALUE OF
CurrentArrayGUID}\msFPCComponents (REG_DWORD)

This field has a DWORD which is constructed from the following values using the
bitwise OR operator:
  fpcNoComponents       =0,
  fpcPacketFiltering    =1,
  fpcNAT                =2,
  fpcWebProxy         =4,
  fpcHTTPTransparent    =8,
  fpcGenericFwProtocols =16,
  fpcFirewallExtensions =32,
  fpcAllComponents      =255

Using this, one could determine what mode ISA is installed.

Other nice values in here are:
msFpcCreatedTime (hold the date when ISA was installed)
msFpcDescrition (has a description of this ISA installation)

Jeremy.