Destination Sets not Working with Web Proxy Client

  • From: "Fred Cobb" <fred.cobb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:29:25 -0700

Strange problem: Steve is my test web proxy client

Protocol Rule HTTP, HTTPs  allow always any request
Site and Content rule Http allow User Steve all external destinations

( Steve can surf to anywhere)

Protocol Rule FTP Allow  always user Steve
Site and Content Rule  allow User Steve destination set

Destination set contains only ftp.microsoft.com

Steve can Ftp to any Ftp site regardless of the destination site

( Trying to limit steve's FTP ability to only what''s defined in the
destination set..not working)

FTP from a Web Browser as secure nat or firewall clients are not used.

Am I missing something related to tunneled/CERN FTP since we are doing FTP
through a browser?

Thanks

Fred C