Default IP (again)

  • From: "Blake Al" <al.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:33:42 +1100

OK,
I have done some checking and established that my ISA server is using
the WRONG IP for outgoing traffic defined by protocol rules.
My external Nic is configured:

MAIN tab:
203.110.145.178 255.255.255.240

ADVANCED tab:
203.110.145.179 255.255.255.240
203.110.145.180 255.255.255.240
203.110.145.181 255.255.255.240

When I check the outgoing traffic on my boundary router all the packets
that come from protocol rules (where I dont have the opportunity to
specify an outgoing IP to use) come from 203.110.145.179. So it seems as
though ISA regards this as the default?

Questions:
1. Why doesnt ISA regard the IP on the MAIN tab of the inteface config
as the default?
2. How can I make it use the correct IP as the default?

Al Blake
ICT Manager, Canberra Girls Grammar School
Melbourne Avenue, Deakin, ACT 2600, Australia.
Switch: +61 2 62026400
Direct: +61 2 62026448
Mobile: +61 408 296 381
Fax: +61 2 62731505