Re: Dedicated Firewall Mode.

  • From: "Administrator" <Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:15:26 -0400

Jim,

The only reason we are trying to go for ISA is that we want more
security than just IP filtering. We can actually do packet filtering
using access lists on the router. We have already configured RRAS in any
case to allow routing between the two NIC's on the server.
Everything is being routed at present using this server, the only thing,
I have not implemented ISA.
1. What would happen if I implement ISA in a dedicated firewall mode?
2. What do I have to do to allow certain ports to go through and block
all others?
3. Do we need a ISA client on all the workstations / servers trying to
go through this firewall in either direction?

I will appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Rami