Dear Gurus: chained proxy loop

  • From: "Lyle" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:04:52 -0600

I have asked the SBS2K group to no avail so I know I seek your help. The
server is generating two events that I am most positive are contributing
to the CPU resources climbing skyhigh as well as no Users being able to
use OWA and VPN connections are running slower then dialup.

First:
Event ID:14141,ISA Server detected a proxy chain loop. There is a problem
with the configuration of the ISA Server routing policy.

Follwed by:
Event ID: 14120,The ISA Server services cannot create a packet filter
64.133.115.218. This event occurs when there is a conflict between the
Local Address Table (LAT) configuration and the Windows 2000 routing
table. Check the routing table and the LAT to find the source of the
conflict.

Checking the KB I found Q288396 which says to create a host record on the
DNS for the FQDN that points to the internal IP address. Checking the DNS
shows that the FQDN is already resolved to the internal IP.

Binding order for the NIC's is internal first. Intranet NIC only has the
local IP and no gateway, Internet NIC is assigned the ISP static address
and ISP gateway with the ISP's DNS addresses.

I would be most appreciative of anyone's assistance.
~Lyle