Dcom Error Event ID 10016

  • From: "Roy Tsao" <roy_tsao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:32:48 -0600

After I update Win03SP1 on ISA2K4 SP1 box, there are error message in the
system log every 15 min. indicating:

Source: DCOM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
tool.

I know I can provide permission to "Netman" however I want to know
1) Reason for such a message if possible after update into Win03SP1
   Is that because of ISA's VPN connection?
2) If it is no problem to give permission local activation/access
   to account of network service in view of security.

Thanks,

Roy