DNS server rule & Linux DNS server

  • From: "Paul Stephenson" <PStephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:29:28 -0500

I am trying to configure a Linux DNS server behind the ISA firewall.  I have
the linux box setup correctly to resolve names, as it used to be on the public
side and worked fine.  However, I have assigned it a private ip address, added
the old public ip address of the Linux DNS server to the external nic on the
isa server, created a new server rule to allow access to the Linux box, and I
get nothing.

To verify that I setup the rule correctly, I configured a DNS server on a
windows machine and followed the exact same steps.  It worked perfectly.  So as
of now, I must ask, is it possible to use a Linux DNS server behind a ISA
Firewall, and if so is there anything special that I must do to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Paul ì